I called a friend last night and i was walking and he was also walking except he was walking in the nighttime and i was walking in the day.  He was walking past a cemetery when I called him, "feeling sorry for myself" he said.  I wasn't walking past a cemetery and i wasn't feeling sorry for myself (for once) and i sympathized with him because that's what friends do. 

He was on his way to a bar and later revealed he detoured the bar just to talk to me.  


Flattery will get you everywhere.


He was loud on the phone and the night was loud behind him.  I pictured him bundled in a coat, walking against the wind even though it's summer where he's at and I heard zero wind.  In my mind he looked good.  Like the last time I saw him.

It was windy where I was.  I tried to talk louder. Hold the mic closer.  I had no coat on.  

We caught up on life as we do.  At one point he yelled at me to do a certain something.  It didn't feel good but I knew he was right.  For the past few years he's told me to do the opposite so this new position was quite a shocker.  His words, a brick.


"I just want to love someone who loves me back.  Is that too much to fucking ask?"

"No," I said.  "Not at all."


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rusty

STRONGLY WORDED LETTER