Title

It’s hard moving your life.  Sticking things that long-lived in one place into boxes that will be brought to another.  Sometimes you tell those things, “See you in Sacramento!” before you close the box.  You aren’t actually moving to Sacramento, but the phrasing seems sing-songy and silly and you need as much of those two things right now because moving to a new city is nucking futs.

So, yeah, I’ve been busy.

Sometimes two days isn’t enough but it’s all you have so oh well.  When you succumb to time limits and rub up against them, warmly, like they’re your grandpa and you are his “best gal” only good things happen because you know every moment counts and so you make lots of those moments.  Or you make a blur of those moments that when you try to think back you can only see a pink smear across the sky in front of you that has some dark brown behind it and a feeling like floating.

I’m so tired but it’s good. I’m sinking into my bones.  A deflation.  I want to say right now, “albatross”.  I want to say right now, “communion.”  I want, right now, a single space between us.  I want a very definitive arm to hold on to.  

Wonder Twin Powers, activate.

I smiled a lot last night and mostly listened because of the tired.  I saw that from outside myself. Felt my eyes slitted and stoned.  I couldn’t eat all of that raw meat.  Are you kidding me?  It seemed ‘pranky;’ but you gotta try scary shit once in a while, right?

How can time together be simultaneously as different as snowflakes and as constant as the rising sun?  It makes for great peace, let me tell you.

I get really mad about people who bring dogs into human establishments and I get really mad at people who don’t know how to behave in a movie theater.  Probably those are my only two things.  Most of the days I feel those people are all of the duplicated Michael Jacksons in that one video where an army of him is dancing for miles and miles and you’re like, BILLIONS OF MICHAEL JACKSONS!  Most days I feel like those people are winning and I get really bummed about our world and our society.  But last night I was around so many wonderful people and it made me think that maybe our side could win. 

Maybe.

Stuff of dreams happening to someone that couldn’t be more deserving. It’s a joy to be there to see it all. 


"Welcome to Hollywood! What's your dream? Everybody comes here; this is Hollywood, land of dreams. Some dreams come true, some don't; but keep on dreamin' - this is Hollywood. Always time to dream, so keep on dreamin'."





Comments

katie seling said…
I would like to thank you for being.

Popular posts from this blog

STRONGLY WORDED LETTER

Rusty